Last Sunday morning, I woke up to the most wonderful surprise. Lauren from Stylelixir nominated me for the Liebster Award! Oftentimes, it is easy to feel a little insecure about putting yourself out there for the world to see; but when you get recognized by one of your peer, it eases your mind and lets you know you are doing something right. Thank you so much Lauren!
What is the Liebster Award? It’s an award for new, up and coming bloggers who have great potential. The word ‘Liebster’ is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lonely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. I am beyond thrilled and honored to accept this award and have now nominated 11 other bloggers who I believe deserve a Liebster Award too!
These are the rules should you choose to accept the award:
- Thank your nominator and link back to the nominators blog in your post
- List 11 things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions I have created for you (below)
- Create 11 questions for your own nominees
- Nominate 11 fabulous up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers, tag them in your post and let them know you have nominated them for the Liebster Award!
Eleven Random Things About Me:
- I am a clothes hoarder. Items come in, but they rarely go out.
- I was Salutatorian of my high school graduating class
- I join the Army Reserves when I was 17.
- Math is my favorite subject.
- I hate reading, so I listen to audio books.
- My #1 goal from piano class in college was to learn to play my favorite song, Fur Elise.
- I hate all things chocolate, but I love brownies – only the gooey, fudgy kind.
- I wish I could sing.
- I talk to my mother every single day on the phone.
- I was a cheerleader in college.
- I sometimes sleep with a heating pad under my feet, because my feet are always cold.
Questions from my nominator:
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a teacher like my mother.
- If you had to eat one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be? Prime Rib Steak – Medium, mmmmm!
- What is your favorite movie? It is a tie between The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption.
- Where is the best place you have travelled (or would like to travel)? The best place I have traveled by far was Fiji. The whole staff greeted us by name, it was like they really knew us. They also serenaded us with beautiful Fijian acapella songs.
- If you could only keep one item from your wardrobe, what would it be? This is a very hard question. If I could keep one TYPE of item, it would be heels. I wear them EVERYDAY!
- What inspired you to start blogging? I have always loved fashion. After my discovery of Wendy’s Lookbook, I thought a blog would be the perfect outlet to share some of my favorite outfits.
- Are you an early-bird or a night owl? I am neither an early-bird nor night owl; I am stuck somewhere in the middle.
- Name something on your ‘bucket list’ – Adopt a child. I have always wanted to give at least one child the gift of family.
- What is your lucky number? 5
- For everyday jewelry, do you wear silver or gold? Mostly gold.
- What do you hope will be waiting for you under the Christmas tree? A new camera lens; I have my eye on the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4
Questions for my Nominees
- Why did you start blogging?
- What goals do you have for your blog in 2013
- How would you describe your style?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- Where would you go on your dream vacation?
- Mac or PC?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could see what it was like to be anyone for a day, who would you be?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- If you could have ANY profession, no matter the salary, what would it be?
Nominees for the Liebster Award:
Thank you again Lauren for your nomination. Go on over and check out my nominees; you will not be disappointed!